OBIEE News is out! Edition of 21st October.
In this blog, Sandeep Venu goes through three simple steps to apply the OBIEE patch:
1. OPEN Command prompt as administrator and set the given variables
2. Unzip the patch folder and keep in the local dirive
3. Navigate to patch folder
Read the blog for the full instructions.
Kashif explains how Action Links comprises of two methods – dashboards and columns in analysis methods.
He goes through the Dashboard Action Link and the Analysis Action Link then studies in detail the types of Action
He then goes through the Steps to Implement Action Links on Dashboard. Read the whole blog here.
In this blog, Kris goes through the following steps:
1. Make the RESTful service
2. Install PL/JSON
3. Glue Code
4.Make a page in Application Express
5. It’s alive!!
In this Oracle Technology Network’s Blog, Laura Ramsay states What’s to know, An Interesting piece of trivia, A Cool Feature of APEX 4.2 and What’s New. Read it here.
Jeff Smith asks – “Do you find yourself always scrolling and scrolling and scrolling to get to the column you want to see when looking at a table or view’s data?”
He tells us not to do that and shows us how!
Here, Matthias Kietze discusses how to create application roles automatically. He states, “Sometimes it is necessary to create application roles in Enterprise Manager via script. This is not very difficult.” Then he talks us through how to do this.
Mike Jelen says, “If a butterfly flaps its wings in Costa Rica tonight, will the CFO’s Executive Financial Summary dashboard still work?”
He gives three approaches to Regression Testing:
1. Identify commonly executed queries with Usage Tracking (or just identify a specific request’s logical query), then execute the corresponding logical sql using nqcmd.exe.
2. Implement Oracle’s Application Testing Suite
3. Set up a series of webcat (HTTP) requests that can be executed on a scheduled basis by an automated web testing utility.
Sandeep Venu talks us through the two steps:
1. Place your images in the detailed paths
2. Create your analysis/report by adding the required columns to the criteria tab. Click on Results tab and create “Narrative View” and then paste the given code in the Narrative box.
See the blog post for further details.
In this blog, Alexander Hansal lays out the benefits of the Siebel framework in a bit more detail in terms of:
- Technical Architecture
- Logical Architecture
In this article, ClearPeaks look at how to set up the command line access to the DAC server and how to use the commands available. Finally, they explore how to create a script that automatically restarts an ETL execution if it has failed.
In this post, Saichand Varanasi asks “Do I need to uninstall existing 184.108.40.206.1 to run my bi instance smoothly?”
The Sample Application (SampleApp) for Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition is a comprehensive collection of examples designed to demonstrate Oracle BI capabilities and design best practices.
Also, includes a link to YouTube BI Tech Demos and a video to show how to download all image files at once.
OracleBlogs posted a link to Fusion Middleware (FMW) Proactive patches including SOA Suite 220.127.116.11.1
Music and the America’s Cup
In a unique approach to integrating sport and music, organizers of the 34th America’s Cup delivered a multi-faceted arts and entertainment program throughout the Summer of Racing.